Welcome to my blog

This is your opportunity to comment on Lacey and what you see and what you think needs to change.

Feel free to make comments about anything connected with this political campaign – – the city, the election and even about me.    I would prefer that the comments about me be nice and complimentary, but if you must say something different – then feel free. But please keep it civil.

Let’s use this forum to keep Lacey moving forward.

Please feel free to comment.  Your email address is required to ensure the legitimacy of the comment origin.  Thank You!

7 Comments

1. I am so excited that Ken is running. He has a great sensibility for what is fair and I have seen him be a visionary in his work so many times. He has the interest and love for Lacey that will put his heart into participating in city events and key issues.

2. I have known Ken since I moved here over 20 years ago. I served on the Lacey Chamber board and several committees with him. I know of no one who loves the city of Lacey more. It is time to put him in a position to take it to the next level.

3. I have known Ken since our high school days. He has always been interested in and involved in community activities. I served with him on the Lacey Mad Festival, on the Board of Lacey Rotary and in the Lacey/Thurston County Chamber of Commerce. Ken has given thousands of hours for the benefit of Lacey. During my years on the Lacey City Council, I found him to be well informed on the issues we faced and always willing to discuss them and offer his insight, which I greatly appreciated. I am delighted he is running for Lacey City Council. I don’t believe there is a better qualified person than Ken for the position.

4. Ken Balsley, a longtime Lacey resident, is one of Lacey’s best ambassadors and cheerleaders. He is extremely passionate about its future and The Go-To Historian for its past.

5. As a former city council member and mayor I know what passion it takes to be elected to this office. Ken has the knowledge and the passion to move Lacey into the next few decades.

6. I’ve known Ken Balsley for 44 years—as a fellow member of the Lacey Rotary Club, and as the former Editor of The Lacey Leader, Lacey’s only newspaper in the 1970s that helped establish the city’s identity apart from Olympia. Ken Balsley was a huge part of the effort to cement Lacey’s place on the Thurston County map. Ken has been a lifelong supporter, booster and champion of Lacey’s place in the universe. His knowledge of the city’s history is like a very long and very deep river that is constantly flowing, like Ken’s attention to what’s going on in Lacey as a citizen who was not on the Lacey City Council. Now is the time to put Ken’s knowledge, commitment and contacts to use for the betterment of Lacey, a growing enterprise that gains more influence in Thurston County as the years pass. Ken is my friend, and one of his best traits is his loyalty. I believe Ken will be loyal to the City of Lacey and its interests, and listen to the hopes and concerns of the citizens he will represent.

7. His love and passion for the city of Lacey is only equaled by his integrity and honesty. Ken Balsley has a vast knowledge of all things Lacey, the ability to see down the road to the future and the drive to accomplish what needs to be done to keep Lacey thriving.

Submit a Comment